Feed the World!

Feed the World!
Go to www.freerice.com and answer vocab questions to donate rice.

Monday, May 7, 2007

Past Parting, Mark II

Verse 1
You left today with five farewells;
I gladly matched embrace with hug.
No smile there, your face just fell,
And asking why brought but a shrug.

And in my sprint I chased your tears,
Those drops of sorrow, tainted dark,
Condensed of bitter loss and fears
Of pining for and yearning stark.

Chorus
Ah… what times we had!
Would that this sweet elegiac song
Might sweep us back around that bend,
To when our parting made us strong.

Verse 2
I know, my love, that what I write
Is striking something deep inside.
My one request is that you fight
To loose the vines that have you tied.

Resist that rising flood of grief
And turn it back, prevent a spill.
You can win for yourself relief
By calling on your strength of will.

Chorus
Chorus

Bridge

Verse 3
I will not stand aside and watch
You struggle with this liquid foe.
From range I will this arrow notch,
Loosed lethally at your sorrow.

Coda
Ah, what times ahead!
When this sweet elegiac song
Does sweep us back around that bend,
Our parting once again made strong.

No comments: