Feed the World!

Feed the World!
Go to www.freerice.com and answer vocab questions to donate rice.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Dagger's Twin (3/07)

A flash of anger, white hot rage;
With sultry ire, my ink melts page.
My trust was felled by drunken hands,
Ensnared in Godless battle plans.
I offered her my castle high
Where demon’s drink could only try
In vain to tear the walls away,
Repelled for yet another day.

It seems like only one day past
I strolled these woods and rich green grass.
When peace had power for the day,
This girl clad black in knight’s array
Could travel free from fear of drops
Of Satan’s liquid, ripped from hops.
But now I flee behind my wall
Where I alone watch kingdoms fall.

I had been high and mighty perched
And yet that one confession lurched
My ideal world and stolid stance.
My focus lost, I watched my chance
To stop those closing doors and trust
Dissolve in bottles of liquid lust.
This hollow wail that no one hears
Is gorged and full of silent tears.

By that same light who guides me past
The noose which grabs and holds men fast,
I’m told to love and overlook
The solace that she slew and shook.
So who am I to twist the blade,
She buried in my back today?
For should she reach her arms behind,
I know this dagger’s twin she’d find.

No comments: