Feed the World!

Feed the World!
Go to www.freerice.com and answer vocab questions to donate rice.

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Rocking (4/26/07)

poor Horsey's sighte has gone from him
he was my Bestest friend
i loved my Horsey way bak then
it had to Go and end

Poor Horsey's sight has gone from him,
Away through agéd eyes.
He once obeyed my will and whim,
now musters but a sigh.

that box right they're is awful big
it must get in his way
he keaps on staring right ahed
he'll talk again sum day

The boxes in this storage room
Consume poor Horsey's sight.
He stares at labels dim with gloom
And ponders days of might.

id stair and look down at his legs
those seamed to come alive
pulled his ears and poked his nose
and singed my favrite rime.

His wooden frame is heft on legs
Of sinew rich and strong.
His ears of cloth perked up to beg
To hear my playful song.

i like to say he'll be back soon
it lets me feel OK
i dont think he'll be quite the same
cuz i have gone away

I promise Horsey I'll be back
To re-live all our fun.
But even so I fear I lack
Old Horsey's fleetfoot run.

No comments: